Sunday, October 8, 2017

superhero logo birthday cake


Along with the Fantastic Four birthday cake that I made for Marni and her four-way birthday party with her birthday friends, I also made this Superhero logo cake! This one would be a coffee chiffon cake (as requested by Helen after I made it for her birthday and for Marni's birthday the year before), and it was mainly for the adults to eat! We decided it should be a "superhero" cake, to go along with the Fantastic Four theme. Each birthday girl would be wearing a custom made cape, complete with a logo with the initial of their first name, so that idea would carry on to the cake decoration.
Before making the cake, I made these fondant toppers in advance, by tinting the fondant and rolling it out thin, and then using cutting out the shapes. For the stars I used a cookie cutter, and for the letters I used mini cookie/fondant cutters (I bought mine at Williams-Sonoma, but these look pretty similar). Once the shaped had hardened for a few hours, I attached the letters to the stars with water and a food-safe brush, and then attached sandwiched the stars onto bamboo skewers, to give me Superhero logo toppers with the first letter of each girls' names.


And for the cake itself, I made three 8-inch coffee chiffon cakes, which I filled with espresso whipped cream.



Then I covered the top and sides of the cake with whipped cream, and used a medium round tip to pipe a beaded border along the bottom.


I let the cake chill in the fridge overnight, and the next morning I was ready to add my cake toppers!




Superheroes Emily, Marni, Sabrina, and Lauren to the rescue!




Happy Birthday, girls!








No comments:

Post a Comment