Saturday, March 15, 2014

funfetti birthday cupcakes with whipped cream frosting


In addition to the funfetti birthday cake and funfetti ice cream that I made for Micah's first birthday celebration, I also made these funfetti cupcakes for him to celebrate at school (well, daycare!). I used the same recipe as I did for the cake, and instead baked them in cupcake tins at 350F for 20 minutes.


For the frosting, I made the same blue-tinted whipped cream frosting as I did for the cake, and used a Wilton 1M open-star tip to pipe rosettes on top of each cupcake.



Then, to match the cake, I sprinkled the same multicolored round confetti sprinkles all over the top!


I've said it before and I'll say it again - this boy loves cake! He wolfed his cupcake down in a matter of minutes, as he did his slice of birthday cake the day before!




I also had enough batter leftover to make a few mini cupcakes as well! They were small enough to eat in just one bite - Yum!



3 comments:

  1. Micah is so adorable. Very lovely looking funfetti cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your frosting is cute. Great combination of color and the funfetti... Hope you can your recipe of your whipped cream frosting :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you can *share :D your recipe of your whipped cream frosting :D

      Delete